What is Platelet Rich Plasma therapy (PRP)
PRP therapy is used in hair restoration for natural looking results.
With a thin needle, your own Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is injected into the scalp. Then the growth factors in your blood cells do their job and hair growth is naturally stimulated.
PRP Hair Restoration is suitable for both men and women. It is a state of the art, non surgical, totally natural, alternative medical procedure used for the treatment of hair loss or hair thinning. It is an injectable treatment which uses the patient’s own blood.
Our blood plasma (PRP) contains active growth factors which can promote hair growth. Helping to restore one’s confidence, the end result is a fuller, healthier looking head of hair.
PRP therapy is a versatile tool in the treatment of hair loss for a number of causes including:
- Male Pattern Hair Loss – especially in the early stages of balding,or anytime there is a lot of miniaturized hair on the scalp
- Female Pattern Hair Loss – at all stages of hair loss
- Hypotrichosis (fine/reduced hairs) of the eyebrows or beard
- Alopecia Areata, Alopecia Totalis
- Metabolic causes of hair loss – iron deficiency and medication induced hair loss
Advantages of PRP Therapy are:
- Simple, non surgical procedure
- Multiple Injections: procedure lasting approximately 60 to 90 minutes
- Safe and reliable results
- Very quick recovery period.
- Beautiful and above all extremely natural looking.
How do I get started?
When first commencing PRP Hair Loss Treatments, patients require 4 x Initial Booster Treatments. For example;
• 1st PRP Treatment
• 2nd PRP Treatment (1-4 Weeks after the 1st PRP Treatment)
• 3rd PRP Treatment (1-4 Weeks after the 1st PRP Treatment)
• 4th PRP Treatment (1-4 Weeks after the 1st PRP Treatment)
- After the initial booster treatments, maintenance PRP treatments are required. Everyone responds to all forms of medications & treatments at varying levels and speeds. The same applies with PRP Hair Loss Treatments. We offer the below information as a guide;
1. QUARTERLY PRP Treatments – are recommended for patients who notice improvements rapidly.
2. BI-MONTHLY PRP Treatments – are recommended for patients who do not respond to PRP treatments as fast as patients who require quarterly treatments.
3. MONTHLY PRP Treatments – are recommended for patients who have rapid & fast volumes of hair loss & thinning, or are aiming to use PRP Hair Loss Treatments instead of drug or chemical based hair loss treatments, or for patients preparing for a hair transplant or recovering from hair transplant procedure.
- We recommend initially doing the 4 x Initial PRP Hair Loss Treatments and then review how you respond. On average:
~30% of Patients require quarterly PRP Treatments
• ~55% of Patients require bi-monthly PRP Treatments
• ~15% of Patients require monthly PRP Treatments